WILLMAR AREA ARTS COUNCIL
Greg Harp - Photography Exhibit
The exhibit at the Willmar Education and Arts Center is photographs by New London photographer, Greg Harp. The exhibit is mainly images of local people and scenes. Be sure to stop by and view this wonderful collection.
The current exhibit in the Barn Theatre mezzanine gallery is works by local artists exploring the theme Summer Fun. We thought since the current play at the Barn, Charley's Aunt, is a comedy and since it's almost the end of summer, we'd go with Summer Fun for our theme. There are thirteen works. Be sure to stop by and vote for your favorite. The winning artist receives $100.
Water - September 9 - October 10 2014
Our next themed, invitational exhibit at the Barn is titled "Water." The next production is "The Rainmaker" by
N. Richard Nash Entries are due September 8, 2014. Details are the same as previous exhibits:
- All artwork should relate to the theme in some manner
- All artwork must be original in design or concept.
- All 2D artwork must be ready to hang with a wire
- Artists may submit up to 3 items for exhibit
- Entry fee is $5 per item (members), $8 (non-members)
- Effort will be made to display all pieces submitted as space allows
- All pieces must remain for the duration of the exhibit
- Items can be for sale. The Arts Council will retain 30% (members) 40% (non-members) on all sales from this exhibit.
- Sales tax number required if item is for sale.
Celebrate Art! Celebrate Coffee!
Hard as it is to believe, it's almost time for Celebrate Art! Celebrate Coffee! September 20, 2014 is the date to remember, so mark your calendars now and plan to be there!
Willmar Area Arts Council Mission
The mission of the Willmar Area Arts Council is to increase regional awareness of the arts in West Central Minnesota by providing a number of initiatives: grants to individuals and organizations to advance art-related endeavors, opportunities for local artists to promotetheir work, informational resources to enhance the arts, and workshops that reflect the diverse heritage of our area. We acknowledge the support of our partners in assisting us to promote the arts by donating time and money as we work to advance the arts. Lastly, we invite you to attend our many activities and participate in some of the artist events in our region. We welcome your ideas, participation, and suggestions to advance our organization!